Found this amusing; is this a violation?

jpstodwftexas - Don't quite think it is a rule as a new recommendation but yes, there has been a recent add on that was laughed at about a month back..

Someone else may be able to provide the link, but some of things laughed at was age limits as such:

Can't use 1,2 or 4 wheeled items until age 14.. (If you put a few more wheels on a wheelbarrow so it has 3 it will pass mustard I guess).

I think the same age limit was given to painting with a roll-on brush with a pole attached, and the dangerous electric screwdriver..

There were others, but these 3 got the most laughs.

JP,

Yes they are. They are using laws for companies that some non-profits use like Habitat for Humanity and adopting them.

If we follow ALL of those rules, No one could cook over an open fire until age 16, but I see no restriction on building them still, no door to door sales, i.e. no more TRAILS END POPCORN, etc.

What the folks at national are forgetting is that A) these are companies that cannot hire kids in the ages we deal with B) Habitat et al are dealing with older teens and are not the wide age frame the BSA is (5.5 is the youngest Cub I met all the way up to 21), C) we are an educational program where youth are suppose to do new and challenging things, and D) Some of the things that are prohibited are things that were commonly done in childhood 10-20 years back an more, i.e. I used a lawnmower to cut grass as a fundraiser to go to jambo at 14 and 15, whear as national now prohibits folks from using a lawnmower until age 16.