Does Varsity have any use for LNT??

I live across the street from a gas station. The rubbish that gathers around my fence has everything to do with how well their customers understand (or don't understand) LNT.

Fact is, if everyone knew how to better respect property within their reach, much of the outdoor experience would be within their grasp.

Anyway, MT, you're on the right track with the WB project. Be creative, and try offer some media that will be a change of pace. (For example, in ours, we had students use vegetable dye pens, vanilla wafers, and Nutella to make edible models of the "Sandwich Principle" while we went over our talking points.)

MEA CUPLA! I reread some info on the topic form the 1989 SMHB, and I was wrong. You had a Varsity Scout Team, the unit, and the troop's varsity team, or a troop's venture crew now called patrol.

The troop's varisity team merging with the venture crew/patrol makes sense why the restrictions on the pins were removed at that time.

Spot-on BD. I did not mean to say that the neighborhood sidewalk was not part of the outdoor experience. Rather it begins there. (For son #2, it better begin at his bedroom!)

We go to church on a college campus, and a preacher (we have many) will routinely point out that faith begins with what you decide to do with the litter on your street after a Friday night.

BD - Did not mean to imply the outdoors begins with at the City limits.. Just that LNT to mean always meant procedures that we could do to leave the outdoors as untouched by humans intrusion when we leave it..

While the city street is outdoors, and cleaning the sidewalk is a great environmental project.. I just never would have defined it as LNT.. Because all around it is totally impacted by human intrusion, and would continue to be so even after the clean up job..

LNT - Always mean "LEAVE NO TRACE..", so to me it meant starting with a place where there was no Trace to begin with and ending with a place where there still is no trace.

Being as a lot of sea scouts use boats that use some sort of petrol product to power the boat safe and proper handling of gas when filling tanks is very important.

Sea Scouts,do eat!! so they have a need to dispose of garbage and empty on board toilets correctly.

Boats being transported from place to place do need to be cleaned to ensure that things like Zebra mussels are not being transported.

When I was CD for a course I looked at Varsity and it turned out that we didn't have any in the Council and had never had any ever, the same was true of the 4 other Councils represented by participants on the course.

I did send off to National and had them send me all the free material that was available, one Staff member gathered a lot of information which was used as a hand out. But other than that it just seemed silly dwelling on something that just wasn't there and had never been there. Of course if we were out West? That might be a different case.

Ea.

We don't have any Varsity in our district either... But I am not sure about the other districts. and this course is advertising further then out then our Council due to the unique setup to allow LDS members to come. I would imagine the full week WB would run fine for LDS as long as they run it Mon - Sat.. But due to not pulling enough people who wish to take off a full week of work, we don't run it that way in this area.

Sea Scouts are rare, but we have them. None in my district, but out by the sea coast, and at least one that I know of that is inland.