How to get wet without getting shot at with a water gun

The post I span this off from said:

"In the time it takes to read this entire thread, most of you could have invented at least a half dozen games involving water guns where the primary target isn't another person and the probability of staying dry is zero."

Here is your chance to do just that.

I'll start if off with something we do at Safety at Sea every year.]

It is called fire hose practice. The Coast Guard hooks up a couple fire hoses to the hydrant and hangs a big round fender from a line. Teams man the hoses from either end of the line and play reverse tug-o-war.

It is impossible to stay dry, and it is more fun than any water fight I have ever been in before.

Over the years all officers have learned to stay away from this event. Any who comes within range of the hoses ends up soaked. :D Of course new officers are not warned to stay away.

>>>>>>It is called fire hose practice. The Coast Guard hooks up a couple fire hoses to the hydrant and hangs a big round fender from a line. Teams man the hoses from either end of the line and play reverse tug-o-war.

It is impossible to stay dry, and it is more fun than any water fight I have ever been in before.

I prefer "tagged" as opposed to "shot at", but anyway ...

BUCKET BRIGADES. Using coffee cans (or gallon jugs, whatever), which patrol can fill a 50 gal drum the fastest? (The leakier the cans, the more the fun.)

"Rescue Roping"

Create X number of 20' long throw ropes, where X is 1/2 the max number of Cub Scouts in a class/session. Preferred woven polyester 3/8 rope. Melt/seal/whip ends. Put figure eight knot in each end.

Teach how to COIL ("BIG coils, BIG coils") the rope to right hand, hold end in left (if right handed) and practice throwing for accuracy to partner (x2?), he coils up and throws back, for accuracy.

Next day, set up 6 mil clear plastic sheet, 5' x25' long? Peg/staple into ground, close to level, but a slight incline is OKay. Double over edges for strength. Sprinkle dish or laundry soap on plastic, sprinkle liberally with hose and KEEP soapy and wet.

Cubs line up at "downhill" end, one Cub with throwrope on side near "uphill" end. Down hill Cub says "help,help, throw me a rope". The uphill Cub throws the dhC the end, dhC grabs rope and uhC PULLS dhC up the slick plastic. Akelas in attendance (Denwalkers) can help Tigers pull their Bears up the slick. Pulled Cub becomes the thrower, past thrower goes to end of the line at dh end. DoNot walk on the plastic.

Get tired of throwing rope? Get a running start and bellyflop on the slide. Keep it wet and soapy!

play "Deadliest Catch", take a sheet of 4 x 8 plywood with a baseball centered under it. Have the cubs walks up and down the deck, as they do, the "deck" will pitch and roll as the weight changes. Have water thrown from buckets or shot (!) from hoses directed at the Cubs, last one to fall wins

For Extra thrills, increase the size of the ball, and have cold/Ice water thrown, it is the North Pacific of course

It doesn't incorporate water guns, and the goal wasn't to get soaked, but it involves water and is tons of fun nonetheless ...

As a Cub, my den played a wide game called "Refuel the Spaceship." It was a night game, played in the large yard (about two or three acres) of a den member's home in the country - very few lights, very dark and spooky. The den was split into two teams. Each team had a crashed "spaceship" - a medium-sized bucket - that needed to be "refueled" from a fuel depot (a large barrel filled with water) located at the other side of the yard. Each Cub was given a small cup with which to carry the fuel from the depot to the spaceship; the first team to refuel their spaceship won.

But out on the surface of the planet, an alien lurked ... the den leader, dressed in black, to scare the bloody bejeezus out of everyone and make them spill their fuel when they shrieked in terror.

It was incredible fun!

(And if you want to use portable water propulsion devices, they could simply replace the cups as the method of transport.)

Go to the plumbing aisle of your local HDepot, and consider the possibilities:

5/8 PVC pipe, appropriate elbows, Tconnectors, and one brass STD hose thread to PVC pipe adapter.

Draw up the plans and work the plans! You are creating a "cage", about 5 feet high and 4 feet wide and 5 feet long. If done right, all the pipe (being hollow) is connected to the hose connector. Scratch head and glue some pipes and connectors and elbows together and leave others press fit so the contraption can be taken apart and stored.

Drill 1/16" holes in some of the pipe, about 6" apart, and arrange things to point the holes into the center of the cage you have made.

Hook up the hose and experiment with the pressure.

"At the Cub Wash" (doo-dadadad-doodoo) workin' at the Cub Wash....

Runnin' thru the Cub Wash....

I like SSScout's idea! How about some type of task to fill a bucket by building a pipeline (no glue) from hose to bucket using the parts from Home Depot. Low pressure on the hose and the task has to happen while the water is on. Now not all the parts are going to fit together and some might leak (small holes drilled in them).