I have tried to post something 3 times and get an ODBC - SQl error.. Seeing if it is the post or the system, by posting this.

If this get through, I also have a gripe.. When I write something if my password or username is wrong, it says I can go back to re-do the password.. 10% of the time, I don't loose my message, 90% of the time, the message is wiped out.. I don't mind fixing the error, but if it was a long post, I hate loosing all I wrote!

This error did not give me the link to return & fix, and the back page lost everything too.. Frustrating, but I can understand when the error is an uncontroled error..

This is a known issue that's been around a while with the forum software. If you don't have a Subject: for your post --or-- if your subject contains certain characters (such as a single quote - '), then you'll get errors when you try to create a new topic on the boards.

Hello moosetracker,

I get that kind of error when I do something like:

1) don't have my username correct --- "seattle pioneer" rather than "seattlepioneer" for example.

2) Fail to select a forun on which the post will appear.

Usually a minor error that is easy to overlook.

With a long post, you might want to copy it to a notepad file until it posts correctly ---- we don't want to lose any words of wisdom!