Hello

My Name is Niklas Richter and I am 16 years old.

In germany i am member of the european scoutship of st. Georg (EPG= ger: Europische Pfadfinderschaft Sankt Georg) and a Rover (highest rank i could be now)

My english isnt very good, but im trying to write understandly.

I want to share in this board my scouting-experience with other Scouts!

Greets

Niklas Richter

Wie geht's, Niklas? Wilkommen in unser Forum.

Your English seems good enough. What part of Germany do you live in? I lived in Frth (bei Nrnberg) when I was 16. That was about 50 years ago. I was an American Boy Scout, but I got to know a few Pfadfinder from various groups.

Thanks, im fine

Im living in Rhineland-Palatinate (EIFEL), in the near of Koblenz on the river Mosel!

Thats the site of our Scout Association:

http://www.epg-georgspfadfinder.de

We have also a tribe in the UK in the near of London?!

At the moment i m planing a 2-days-hike for troop of young-scouts (11-13 years and thinking about a good quest to show courage (Mutprobe).

Do you have any idea?

Greets

Niklas Richter

(This message has been edited by GERscoutEPG)

Gr' Gott!

Deine Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch. :-)

For testing courage? There are two things that I did last year that tested my courage.

The first was a zip line. You were hooked to the cable but had to step off into space. The zip line was the longest that I've ever seen. Right before you ran into the tree at the end, your trolley hit a stop and you came to a sudden stop.

The other was something like what we have at amusement parks where you are attached to a cable and pulled up into the air, maybe 50 feet up. Then you are released to plummet to the Earth but you swing back and forth at high speed for a time (seemed like hours).

I did both with my daughter's youth group from church.

This Ideas are good , but our test should acting in a forest;)

My idea was to send everybody alone in the dark forest, with bandaged eyes.. just 2 kilometers... maybe the kids get fear because of the sounds of the forest;)

Do you have any other idea?

Or what do you think about my Idea?

Greets

Niklas Richter

Was bedeutet "tout"? Auf Englisch, bitte.

If you can find a place with a 10 meter diving platform, have the Scouts just step off into the water from there. The first time that you do it is quite an experience. Of course, they should know how to swim.

I see . . .

Tout usually means "to talk about in an enthusiastic manner" as in "he was touting the advantages of Boy Scouts."

Also, in horse racing, it refers to someone who gives you information about a horse and can mean spying on horses while they train.

In your situation, I would use "watch" or "observe."

Hello Niklas and welcome,

I suggest that it may be safer and easier to manage if you walk a shorter distance. Add some challenges that they must overcome while blindfolded. Some of these may also be done without talking. They show courage by doing these things. Also tolerance and respect for others while waiting or helping the other Scouts.

The challenges could be Scout skills.

You might also ask experienced European Scouts on Scoutface for ideas.

Tell us how it goes please

Emu