Former AOL recipients drop out of Boy Scouts

Just curious,

What other training is out there for webelos leaders? My council has the basics and WELOTS/IOLS. Which is what I will taking this weekend, but curious what there is out there besides that? I am planning o doing several campout and visting several troops, want boys to have good experience, but have to admitt that there is LOT of bad or no training from our council. For a new DL seems like not much help with training other than make sure you have YP done.

That can make a new DL think they are not doing a good job and want to quit, which if that is the signals he puts out, scouts will pick up on it aswell.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond YP, This is Scouting, Webelos Outdoor, and Webelos Den Leader Specific, what other kind of Webelos training are you looking for?

If you are looking for help with individual Activity Badges, and where to go on outings, your District Roundtable can help. Also, most councils have some kind of yearly all day training (Pow Wow, Super Saturday of Scouting, etc) where you can sign up for a bunch of classes covering just about anything you might want to know about.

Scout Nut,

Thanks not sure on the training courses, just keep hearing about different courses out there, people don't make it clear as what they are talking about?

There is a University of Scouting later in year that is somewhat you described like a Super saturday event. Lots of different courses as well as the basics, plan on doing some of those.

just trying to get all the training(help) I can to make a good experience for the boys this year. Thanks