BSA Float in the Tournament of Roses Parade

I thought it was great the BSA had a float in the Rose Parade, especially the Zip Line featuring Venturers. The ABC announcers kep talking about Boy Scouts while a camera was trained on a female Venturer poised on a mountain bike. Would have been fun for them to mention that. Anyway, the BSA float won the National Award and its nice to see the BSA do something in the Rose parade to start out the 100th year

It was very good to see! Very positive for Scouting!

My wife was watching the parade while me and all the kids were scattered around the house. But when she saw this one coming up she called us all in and we watched together. Everyone was happy to see scouting displayed so well.

I was very pleased to hear one of the announcers say that every boy should experience Scouting.

Good job and thanks so much to all those who put this one together!

It was great; best piece of PR for scouting I have seen in a long time! I wonder how many million people were seeing that on the various channels. The announcers on HGTV all professed a current or past affiliation with Scouting (a former Cub, a former foreign scout and the mother of a Cub). One said "everyone should be a scout".

Great start for the centennial year!

Happy New Year.

Hal

Beautiful float but It's the BOY SCOUT 100th, not the Venture 100th, I would have liked to see the Venturers included but the focus of that float should have been the BOY SCOUTS...

The Cubs with over 75 years got less "face time" then the Venturers, and as mentioned, the Sea Scouts who have been around considerably longer then 10 years were ignored.

While they seemed to focus on the Venture Scouts on the float, it was hard to miss the 300 Eagle Scouts marching with it. They got a good deal of play as well. It's a shame that the flyover cut the coverage short. Another good plug for Scouting in general were the Scouts from all phases acting as standard bearers before each unit in the parade.

All in all, a very positive day for Scouting in 2010!!