• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, was a bit disappointed in the quickness of some members of this forum to jump to the conclusion that OMH was lying when he posted the first time. While I wasn't born yesterday, and don't automatically assume everyone tells the truth, I do give folks the benefit of the doubt until I KNOW they are lying. It is obvious some here cannot.

More importantly, we took (I am assuming)an oath to be TRUSTWORTHY as socuts, and should, then TRUST others that have or will take that oath, until we have evidence (not supposition) that they cannot be trusted. We can take it from OMH that he was stopped while in possession of coke. We don't know he USED it, or SOLD it to others. Frankly, anyone who has a $100.00 bill in his wallet is in POSSESSION of coke, according to statistical analysis of our nation's currency. Let's cut him a break until we know more, not suppose more.

Finally, my kids don't go off on outings where other adults I do not trust are the only leaders. I trust SOME of my fellow SM's, ASM's, Committee members, and don't trust the rest with temporary supervision of my kids. Why do other adults take the BSA's "vetting" process as a good proxy for their own supervision and judgement?