Hi all,

I am a single mother of two. One boy scout and one girl scout. :) Right now I am a GS leader and the last weekend in Feb. I will finish OLS which will be my last training to be an ASM for BS. I am also the treasurer (and thus a committee member) for the BS troop.

My son is currently a Star scout working towards his Life rank. He is currently the SPL of our troop of roughly 40 scouts (but we will most likely be adding 15-20 more this next month). Our troop started 2005 with 9 original boys. We have three of the original boys (mine included). This BS troop is a great troop and has an awesome group running it. It will continue to grow strong for years to come.

My daughter is a Junior bridging to Cadette this summer. I ended up taking on a new troop this year after our unfortunate start with her first troop. We stayed part of that troop for three years, but we needed to split off and go in another direction. We finally have build our new troop to 7 girls (mixed 4th and 5th graders). This new troop is challenging the local ideals (such as: all of the girls in a troop need to be of the same school and the same grade). We have girls from four different schools and two grades. We are also planning to be one of the very few if not the first in this area to actually get the girls outdoors (and I mean more than car camping). We also accept girls beyond the 7 we have (unlike many of the troops here).

So, that is the highlights of both my GS and BS involvement at tis point in time. I look forward to reading the forums.

Purple,

Welcome to the fire!

I have been reading this list for about a year and learned a great deal! It sounds like you have been part of a great troop. No doubt that you can add much to the discussions!

Steve