Permission to enter camp?!?

Introductions...

I am currently wearing many hats (aren't we all?).

I live in the North Georgia area and work as a law enforcement officer. I am former tiger, wolf, bear, webelo leader, cubmaster. I am currently the Chartered Org. Rep. for the Cub Pack as well as WEBELOS leader. I am ASM of troop (can you tell I have two boys?) and an OA Chapter Advisor.

Attended NLS and Woodbadge for 21st Century (worked my ticket, waiting on beading).

I am very fortunte (lucky) that as a youth I was charter member of the pack and the troop that my boys now attend and that I now assist to lead. I wish that they desire to complete their Eagle projects and take scouting just one step higher than their old man. If not, that's OK, they'll have to learn that lesson like me.

When I read in previous posts that we have a Life Scout sitting at our round table discussion, I was immediatly prompted to join up and gain access to the experts. As I see it, I can learn more from the boys than from a buncha old... well... leaders anyday.

I would love to visit Gilwell one day and sing the song loud and clear (and a bit off key). Right now I'm patiently awaiting a return trip to Mecca (oh, Philmont) as well as Nyeri (I long to walk down B.P. Road once again). Until then, take me to any campOree where scouts abound... making you want to strangle them one minute and beam with pride the next. I pray to my maker that I can always keep the watchwords of my vigil.

YIS,

Welissit

welilissit,

Welcome to the campfire, and dare I say "Fresh Meat"!?

Just kidding, though sometimes the folks get a bit "playful" ...but hey, you're well armed...for this anyway.

These are good folks with sometimes very strong opinions (stay out of the issues and politics threads unless you have a light heart and a strong stomach) In here you will find "by the bookers" and "free thinkers" with some more creative solutions to almost anything you want to know...and Like your grand daddy taught you (don't believe everything you read) use common sense and a good dose of skepticism you'll do fine...have a cup of "Joe"

Anarchist

(Lifer for life and proud papa to a new Eagle)

Thanks for the warnings. I lurked around the politics area a bit and saw what that was all about... whew!

Strong stomach and thick skin abound here, but I don't think I'll subject myself to that, I get enought of it at work policing (read southern pronunciation: pO'-lee sin)