Did your scouting children receive any Scout Stuff for Christmas or Hanakkuh?

I am a Scout...

I got a new Uniform shirt (badly needed) and a patch binder, because I have all my patches in a file folder now. A lot of my list this year was BSA related, seeing as I am growing out of my uniform. Unfortunately, I didn't get the Scout pants I was hoping for, but that's what money is for!

My son (10) recieved a hydration pack with enough room in it for his 10 essentials of which he also got so he doesn't have to use hand me downs now. Mom (me) got a leatherman. Poor dad only got wool socks. And big brother got left out since he has everything and then some.

The family recieved the movie Follow Me Boys from a fellow Scouter.

Nothing this year for the kids. I over did it last year and they begged off outdoor gear.

I got a pocket PC. I will load all of those rules and regs on it. Also the contact info for all Scouts and maybe some other stuff.

We are also now on cable for www. No more dial up. I might be on here more in 2006.

My Tiger Cub Scout's stocking had in it 5 council strip patches from the Virgin Islands Council (his grandparents' home council), 2 from Nashua Valley (MA) Council (my home Council back when I was a Cub Scout), and 2 more from Gulf Stream (FL) Council (his great Aunt's council in Florida). I also gave him a 2005 Mt. Diablo Silverado Council World Friendship Fund patch. Let the patch trading begin!

He used the the BSA Hot Spark flint that I had given him for his birthday to light our ceremonial Yule log on Christmas morning. Got it started on the very first try!

That's cool that you received some useful scouting stuff for Christmas!

Hey VentureScout! The oldest patch that your girlfriend got you from 1957 was the year that I was born! Should I get a cane? LOL! ;) That's really great that she was able to find the patches she got for you!

I'm glad that all of you had a great Christmas!

Judy

VentureScout,

I'd hang on to that one!

My son, (16, Life, SPL) had only one scouting/camping related request. He asked for and recieved, a few hundred feet of good old fashioned, three strand, twisted, manilla rope to use for pioneering/lashing projects! He's been poking through the pile of downed branches I have in the backyard from past storms, looking for material to make stuff with. Better than Legos or for those who know them, an Erector set!

SA

We were lucky to have my brothers family here this Christmas. He gave all my sons and me a homemade bag full of firestarting tinder.To go with the flint and steel kits I got my boys. My brothers troop and my sons troop went to summer camp together.I printed pictures of camp and afew of the 5 scouts in our family and made a quilt for him.The 3 cubbies in the family loved hearing my brother and the older boys telling the story about every picture.

Are there other kinds of gifts?

My eldest daughter was thrilled to discover that there is finally a Venturing *Blouse* designed to fit her a little better.

Daughter #2, who just joined the Crew, got her new backpack and hydration equipment for the 2007 Philmont Trek.

Son #1 got his tan shirt getting ready for Webelos2 and crossover.

Daughter #3, who at 5 years old doesn't understand why she can't be a Cub Scout, got to go to the Council office/Scout Shop to pick up

her "Little Scout Buddy" t-shirt.

Mom (my wife, not my mother) got an additional shirt to go with her new role as Roundtable Commissioner.

I got a bunch of happy Scouts. Oh, and the DE found yet another job for me!

When I asked Her Who Must Be Obeyed to buy me a boat for Christmas she told me to get real!!

The only Scout like thing OJ asked for was a new pair of hiking boots. I like Timberland boots and shoes so he got a nice pair.

I also bought him a sleeping bag. He didn't ask for it or really need it, but it was a good one at a great price.

I was not happy with my digital camera, so I had Her Who Must Be Obeyed upgrade me.The new one has 12.0x Zoom and I can buy lenses and filters for it.

The guide book is over 100 pages so I'll have to make time to read it.

Eamonn.