Here We Go Again.....

Last weekend was crew meeting and yearly planing.

This weekend was OA Fall Ordeal and I played elangomat.

And to top things off I just got back from a Eagle COH that had four getting the medal.

I just looked at my calendar for the rest of the year.

6 weekend camping trips, 3 crew meetings, 4 roundtables, 4 commish meetings, 2-3 venturing council meetings...heck the list goes on.

Bring it on...It's great! If it wasn't, why do it?

As Barry says... I love this Scouting stuff!

It really is great. But don't forget to keep momma happy. Cause if momma not happy then your not happy and if your not happy then the scouts ain't happy and if the scouts ain't happy then the unit suffers and if the unit suffers then the BSA is weakened and if the BSA is weakened then the moral fabric of the nation declines and if the moral fabric of the nation declines the commies will take over and if the commies take over then we will all end up eating bad potato soup...so keep momma happy!

In our house, the first week of the month is the "Week from Hell". This is for my wife, my son, and me. Monday night - troop meeting; Tuesday night - crew meeting; Wednesday night - troop committee meeting; Thursday night - District boy scout and venturing RoundTable and OA chapter meeting, all three in the same building at the same time; Friday night - leave for troop campout (and get into camp no earlier than 9:30p.m.); Saturday - in camp (nap times for adults are part of the duty roster); Sunday - drive home and supper at an eatery. Man, I can't wait to get back to work on Monday so that momma and I can get some rest!

What's this t.v. program "Monday Night Football" all about. Never seen it.

Momma wasn't happy the year I was in the woods 43 weekends out of 52 that included one week Woodbadge, 1 week JLTC and 2 weeks Summer Camp. I cut back, I didn't get to do Woodbadge the next year.(This message has been edited by stlscouter)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jerry, congratulations, with 60 new boys ... you are only short 3-5 leaders? I would imagine somewhere along the line of 10+.

For our pack, we did okay this year. We picked up 32 boys. This will bring us back to 98 boys strong, down about 8 from our yearly average. The way that I understood, our whole District numbers are down as well.

Good luck with the large pack. The growing pain will be there and so is the fun!

1Hour