Where are the "Polls" in this forum?

At the top of every forum is a small FAQ:

" Who Can Post In This Forum?"

Clicking on this takes us to:

"Topics: Only registered users may post new topics.

Replies: Only registered users may post replies.

Polls: Only registered users may start polls. "

OK, I know what topics and replies are. Am I missing the polls? Polls would be great!

See, I would say Krakow, but that crack got me in trouble last time...

In the past people have tried to do polls, the problem is most times the questions that are asked and the choices given are not what the readers want to use. usually its a one sided poll, such as when do you think GW stopped beating his wife

A. 20 yrs ago

B 30 yrs ago

C. 15 yrs ago

D. he hasnt stopped

Things like that tend to discourage real discourse. Then there are polls that seem to be good, but get internetted. I tried one once a few years back on the homesexual issue. I naively thought a poll posted here would give results of the thoughts of the readers of the forum. Turns out a link to the poll was placed on a web site with invitations to vote and the results were staggering in total and in bias.

I am not saying that polls arent good, I just havent seen many that gather the data the originator wants to get. But you can start a poll like a thread and let the festivities begin

Do mean that a poll is just a regular thread that poses a question to which folks can reply open ended (similar to Semper's recent "What would you do" thread)? Or is there a specific poll-creating button that I am missing?

I agree that creating/using/interpreting polls is murky at best and hair-pullingly frustrating and misleading at worst. But, they can be informative if done carefully and fun if done in the right spirit.

Darn.

Polls could be fun.

Any chance of Terry fixing whatever caused the problem and bringing them back? Maybe requiring some minimum number of posts (5? 10?) to be eligible to vote in a poll and other requirements to be able to create a poll in the first place. I'm no IT guy, but I figure this problem must have a solution other than pulling the plug.

But then, it's not my site ...