I've been robbed.......:(

Sort of. Looking through a current climber's catalog, I see that Trango is now marketing a self equalizing anchor system called the Alpine Equalizer....came up with the design years ago, used it at summers camps, on climbs, taught it to climbers.....even sent out drawings, specs, etc to a small, unrelated company to see if they were interested...big sigh, oh well...all I can say is, climb on, hey

If any of you decide to buy one of these equalizer, for added safety (based on my own testing), please add a shock asborber to the system. Just clip the SA between you, and the large loop. The reason is that the webbing is the same as a static line, and the SA allows the system to become dynamic, and better able to asorb the force of a hard fall, and equalize quicker without the off axis loading of any of the anchor points....

My late husband designed a timing light for diesel engine, only to have Snap On Tools steal it.

He showed it to our tool man to see if he thought they might be interested. Then came back a month later and said no they weren't. 6 months later they came out with one of almost the exact design and the tool man retired. He was 41 years old.

On a serious note, I have been robbed. At the end of my trek on OATC at Philmont, someone stole my video camera. I had so much great footage of the terrain and the work we did; it would have made a great video for camping promotions, and possibly would have revitalized my troop. But alas, there's too many evil-hearted people in the world to do one big piece of good early on. Thank you Lord for teaching me patience...but I'm still bummed that it was stolen at a scout high adventure camp.

-ES 3:16

Well, I have a good story to tell. I took my son to "Nemo on Ice" last weekend. I got up to get us some refreshments, and at teh counter, took my wallet out to pay for an armload of stuff.

As I walked to my seat (in the Alamodome, and I was a long way from the food counter), a stranger came running up to me asking if I had lost my wallet.

Sure enough, I had left my wallet on the counter as I walked back to my seat. The guy could've kept it and no one would've been the wiser. I thanked him profusely.

Yes, there really are honest people still left in this world!

This actualy happened, Scouts Honor

I was an assistant scoutmaster for the Jamboree in 2001. We spent the Saturday and Sunday proior to the opening Monday in Washington DC. One of our scouts lost his wallet in the Museum of Natural History on the Mall. I am not sure when he realized it was gone, but after 20 minutes of the adult leaders looking for it, we decided it was useless. The wallet had approx. $250 in it, about gagged us all when we heard it. The poor kid was so sullen and stunned, he was like a zombie.

On Tuesday the kid got a notice that the sub camp director wanted to talk to him. When he got to sub camp HQ, there was his wallet. It had been found by a scouter from we will never know. He had picked up the wallet and after seeing the scouts registration card figured the scout would be at AP HILL. The scouter found out what sub camp the kid was at and left the wallet with the director. All the money was present. The scouter left without leaving any identification. See, those stories dont get told.

This actualy happened, Scouts Honor

I was an assistant scoutmaster for the Jamboree in 2001. We spent the Saturday and Sunday proior to the opening Monday in Washington DC. One of our scouts lost his wallet in the Museum of Natural History on the Mall. I am not sure when he realized it was gone, but after 20 minutes of the adult leaders looking for it, we decided it was useless. The wallet had approx. $250 in it, about gagged us all when we heard it. The poor kid was so sullen and stunned, he was like a zombie.

On Tuesday the kid got a notice that the sub camp director wanted to talk to him. When he got to sub camp HQ, there was his wallet. It had been found by a scouter from we will never know. He had picked up the wallet and after seeing the scouts registration card figured the scout would be at AP HILL. The scouter found out what sub camp the kid was at and left the wallet with the director. All the money was present. The scouter left without leaving any identification. See, those stories dont get told.