When is it NOT a flag ?

As an amateur Vexilologist ( I've yet to meet a professional), I share this because it agrieves me.  

We see replicas of the American flag displayed on t-shirts, swim trunks, Napkins, cups, banners. little paper flags on cupcakes, I can smile. 

I invite folks to search out the Ruggables company, which has offered for sale  (and they have named and presented as such)  "An American Red Flag Rug"  

Red and white stripes, pretty. White stars on a blue background, nice. Fifty stars on a blue field in the upper left corner of thirteen red and white stripes, this is intended as a US flag . But something INTENDED to be walked on, wipe one's boots on, ,, what were they thinking?

Opinions, thoughts?   https://ruggable.com/products/american-flag-red-rug?

They are thinking dollars and ignorance on the part of too many as to the decorum and respect our Flag is due.  That is the sad world in which we live where too many do not understand, or maybe do not care, about such things.  The Flag Code touches on this type of thing, though it is often not clear where we step over the blurred lines of respect and avarice or misguided display concepts.  The constant use of our, in theory, respectful holidays related to the Flag to have "sales" is part and parcel of this.  But, there are no barriers that can enforce the Code, only those that may remind others and are willing to point it out.  JMHO of course.

I'm hoping this follows the lines of bearskin rugs.  Where I live and hunt bears, few people ever place their bearskins on the floor to be walked on.  They go on walls to be admired and treasured.  Maybe those will be seen the same way.  Shameful to think our flag would be walked upon and feet wiped on it.