Roger Krone new BSA President and CEO succeeds Roger Mosby

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMHO Scouting's challenges have been that the program and emphasis is pulled in many directions by many different constituencies.  Starting really in the 70's the trail has been varied: we are

So far in 2024, there has been no news regarding our federal Charter-required Report to the Nation though I heard of some Reports to State which BSA National encourages. No word yet of any live f

Roger Krone is showing far more engagement in a few months than Mosby did in years.   No complaints so far!  That said, BSA is in a crisis.  Hopefully he takes aggressive action to course correct.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, AwakeEnergyScouter said:

Hopefully he's heard of MBWA or gemba walks.

I believe Mr. Krone had been a PL and Philmont alumni before MBA book writers/professors observed and coined management names for leadership styles he had learned while a scout.

My post was meant as a friendly reminder.

Posted (edited)

4/17/2024: DHS Launches Know2Protect™ Public Awareness Campaign to Combat Online Child Exploitation and Abuse With Many Public and Private Sector Partners, including Boy Scouts of America, Google, Meta, Snap, Roblox, NASCAR, U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee, National Police Athletic League, and More

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced Know2Protect, Together We Can Stop Online Child Exploitation, a first-of-its-kind national public awareness campaign that brings together public and private sector partners. Key partners include high-profile technology companies, national and international sports leagues, youth-serving organizations and nonprofits, and other private sector partners to raise awareness of this heinous and growing crime and how to keep children safe. Through Know2Protect, DHS and its partners will educate and empower young people, parents, and trusted adults on ways to prevent and combat exploitation and abuse both on and offline, explain how to report incidents of these crimes, and offer support resources for victims and survivors of online child sexual exploitation and abuse.

Online child exploitation and abuse is reaching epidemic proportions and threatens the safety of children globally. In 2023, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) received more than 36 million CyberTipline® reports of suspected online child sexual exploitation and abuse (CSEA), a 360% increase over the number of reports received 10 years ago. According to the 2023 WeProtect Global Threat Assessment, the volume of child sexual abuse material has increased globally by 87% over the past five years.

Boy Scouts of America (BSA) will collaborate with Know2Protect to promote knowledge sharing and empowerment for youth and parents. The BSA will also facilitate Project iGuardian presentations for Scouts and parents and explore developing a co-branded BSA patch in recognition of taking an in-person Project iGuardian training at the local or national level.

“Safeguarding our Scouts so that we can prevent harm will always be our most important mission, and that includes their online safety,” said Boy Scouts of America President and CEO Roger Krone. “Through this collaboration with DHS, Scouting will make the Know2Protect resources available to empower more than a million youth members and adult volunteers, further enhancing our education and training initiatives to help ensure that our Scouts, leaders, and their families remain safe from online dangers.”

More at sources:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2024/04/17/dhs-launches-know2protecttm-public-awareness-campaign-combat-online-child

https://www.dhs.gov/know2protect

https://www.missingkids.org/home

https://www.ice.gov/topics/iGuardians

Edited by RememberSchiff
put BSA ahead of Google in lead
On 4/11/2024 at 7:11 PM, RememberSchiff said:

Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council "Community Leadership Breakfast on Thursday May 23rd, 2024 at the Santa Clara Marriott. Our keynote speaker is the current President and the CEO of the Boy Scouts of America, Roger Krone, and he has some NEWS to share. We would like YOU to be among the first ones to hear about the exciting changes coming to the iconic youth development program! Please use the QR code to RSVP or go to:   "

Anyone planning to attend? I think Mr. Krone similarly visited a Virginia council.

Get an EDGE on Business With This Scouting Lesson. by Televerde CEO Chris McGugan

"One of my favorite events of the year is right around the corner. On Thursday, May 23, The Boy Scouts of America Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council is hosting their annual Community Leadership Breakfast. It’s an inspiring morning in support of an excellent organization, and this year, the keynote speaker will be business magnate and BSA CEO, Roger Krone. Roger is promising a candid discussion about all that’s changing in our world, and I can’t wait to hear what he has to say.

With my sons in Scouting and as a lifelong Scout myself, the Leadership Breakfast is always a top event for me. It also gives me a chance to embrace one of my favorite parts of being Televerde’s CEO, which is getting to spend time with our clients. This event offers the best of both worlds, and I relish the opportunity to combine the two.

I owe much of my success to the many lessons and good habits Scouting has instilled in me over the years. I can see Scouting’s effects in almost everything I do today: helping others, social impact, and leading with empathy. That’s why I would like to share one of the best skills I’ve learned through Scouting: The Teaching EDGE method (Explain > Demonstrate > Guide > Enable). In my experience, it’s one of the most effective ways to learn a skill. We explain the skill simply, demonstrate it clearly, guide them through it, and finally enable it. EDGE works whether you’re teaching kids how to build a campfire or teaching a roomful of adults how to use your company’s latest product."

More at source including an explanation of EDGE method and application to business as well as an invite to this Community Breakfast.

https://televerde.com/get-an-edge-in-business-with-this-scouting-lesson/

On 2/28/2024 at 6:33 AM, RememberSchiff said:

Transparency and communication. 

Report to the Nation. National Annual Meeting becomes the National Open Meeting.

My $0.02,

So far in 2024, there has been no news regarding our federal Charter-required Report to the Nation though I heard of some Reports to State which BSA National encourages.

No word yet of any live feed (e.g. youtube) of any parts of NAM. Let's go digital!

I prefer, unfiltered direct conversation with Mr. Krone and Mr. Pounder, preferably with an opportunity to send in our questions and feedback.

Please no more filtered,  condescending after event reports - 5 Things You Need to Know About ...

My $0.01,

• Upvote 4