Returning as dad of a Lion

Hi everyone. My son recently joined cub scouts in the US as a Lion. I was not aware that Kindergarteners were in scouts so I am glad that the local troop was out recruiting at the beginning of the school year.

I never had the best memory but being involved in scouts again reminds me of so many memories I had forgotten about. Like I competed in the pine wood derby. A time when I was distraught because my handful of absences from cub scouts meant that I missed a couple requirements for my Arrow of Light (I did get it sorted out later). I remember cooking on scout campouts. I remember seeing a bob cat at camp. I remember seeing a brown bear in the Sierras! And I remember being unexpectedly snowed-in after my Order of the Arrow ordeal.

I'm looking forward to making more memories with my son and my other kids as they get older and hopefully want to join scouts.   

On 11/1/2023 at 6:56 PM, Oldscout448 said:

Snowed in after the Ordeal!  I wanna hear this tale.  Pull up a log to our virtual camp fire and pour yourself some coffee. 

To be fair, it was a light snow but enough to close the roads early until it was cleared the following day.

And coffee is good. I'll have another.

• Like 1

The Peach Cobbler reference almost certainly has to be reference to the ancient Philmont Ranger tradition of preparing a peach cobbler for the Ranger's crew on the trail at Philmont. I did many of those.

AND IF NOT such a reference, please post about it.

Thanks.