Troop Parent/ Scout Communication Question

On 7/8/2023 at 6:10 AM, BetterWithCheddar said:

I'm not great on keeping track of the happenings at my son's elementary school because I usually get a dozen emails per week. I'll get some from the district, some from the school, some from his teacher, and some through an app, which I've yet to master. It's exhausting. I've yet to be overwhelmed by the variety and frequency of Scouting communications, but I'm sure it's coming. Give me a single sheet of paper each month with everything I need to know and I'm a happy camper. 

Great answer !!!!!

A lot of great responses. @RookieScouter, your Scoutmaster is incorrect. The scouts are responsible for communicating through their "chain of command"; however, at the same time the Scoutmaster Corps should communicate with the committee, and the Scoutmaster Corps should communicate with the parents. Sometimes it's at the same time, sometimes it's separate. There is an entire chapter of the Troop Leaders Guide Vol1, it literally states that trusting scouts to communicate with their parents is desired but very risky and other communication channels have to happen to make things work.

• Upvote 1