Aloha From Hawai'i

I'm new to the forum and have already made a couple of posts. I've been in Scouting since becoming a Cub in 1951. I've been in Boy Scouting and am now part of the Council committee for Venturing as a Sea Scout member. Pretty much of a certifiable Scouting history nut in addition to a military history geek (I'm a volunteer tour guide at the battleship USS Missouri in Pearl Harbor). I'm an Eagle Scout.

I'm proud to say I was friend of William "Greenbar Bill" Hillcourt during the last years of his life and learned a lot of Scouting history from him.

I'm glad to have found this forum and sure I will visit fairly often. I have to warn you I'm gathering material for a book on professional Scouters over the years (having been one of those in years long past), so if I see interesting stories here I may ask for more information from the author.

Welcome Kahuna.

My troop just made the decision last night to commit to attending your Camp Pupukea next summer. We want to tour Oahu for a couple of days before camp, including - of course - Pearl Harbor (Arizona, Bowfin & Missouri) and visit the Polynesian Cultural Center after camp.

Any and all "insider" suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Who knows? We may see other, either at Camp or aboard the Missouri.

Again, welcome.

- Oren