Society and Youth; one observer's thought(s)

This specific piece seems to almost offer a challenge to the larger society to follow certain well established guidelines seen in BSA's basic tenets.  Do we, or can we, as an organization respond today to this challenge, as once we did.  Are we going to allow the misguided directions of much of our larger society to cancel our important contributions?  Can we take the indirect challenge the author seems, to me, to be making?  Take a look.  You might expand to other elements of the site from which this comes, as it appears to have some really important discussions offered.

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/three-steps-toward-raising-tough-kids/

• Thanks 2

Nice, aspirational piece.

It's sort of like the Totin' Chip corner-cutting argument. The objective is to allow a scout to continue having full access to his tools rather than isolate him (however briefly) and subject him to remedial training (however discrete). It gives the SPL/PL/Instructor the ability to assert, "You botched it this time, I know you can do better, carry on."

We can prattle on about other mechanisms for discipline just like I can dial in a lecture for fitness. That's not bad. It's just much more fun and rewarding to "learn a little, do a lot."