Post Project Review + Pre EBOR tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, CherokeeScouter said:

Council or District does not approve project after it's done. Only troop and beneficiary. No space for Council signature except on the proposal. 

I didn’t say they approved project? When I said they approved my workbook, it meant I had everything that I should have plus the paperwork that I need. My district runs it where you bring all your paperwork during the second phase and they will order it the way it goes before you bring it to council. Once council gets it they scan all the papers and sign the eagle application. That’s when your workbook is approved according to my council. That’s at least what was in the title of the email 😀. It read “Approved Eagle Candidate Project Workbook”

Edited by ItsBrian

I'm kinda with the other posters  on this. It sounds like they are creating an extra step and it drives me insane when adults do this. But congratulations. You are about to reach the next step of your journey and I hope it doesn't stop there. 

What's really interesting, btw, is that none of that Project stuff goes to National. They never even see it. Unless our Council here in Central Florida different, the only thing that goes to National after your EBOR is the two-page application and the personal statement. All of that Eagle project workbook stuff should go back to you after your EBOR unless someone at council or on your EBOR wants to keep a copy. 

AND you will most likely get that original application back. I guess National must scan it or something and return it to your council. 

1 minute ago, CherokeeScouter said:

I'm kinda with the other posters  on this. It sounds like they are creating an extra step and it drives me insane when adults do this. But congratulations. You are about to reach the next step of your journey and I hope it doesn't stop there. 

What's really interesting, btw, is that none of that Project stuff goes to National. They never even see it. Unless our Council here in Central Florida different, the only thing that goes to National after your EBOR is the two-page application and the personal statement. All of that Eagle project workbook stuff should go back to you after your EBOR unless someone at council or on your EBOR wants to keep a copy. 

AND you will most likely get that original application back. I guess National must scan it or something and return it to your council. 

Thet scanned everything from my proposal to even my life statement. I was told that it was sent to national, not if that’s is correct though.

Even though it may seem like an unnecessary step, it was pretty helpful for me.

Edited by ItsBrian
  • 3 weeks later...