14 hours ago, ParkMan said:

What not just give him a call and listen to his input?

I'm always happy to talk on the phone to someone for 15 minutes about something.  Who knows, maybe he's got some good insight.  Maybe he's interested in helping, but felt unwelcome because of his WB status.  You never know, a phone call might be the start of a really productive volunteer to your team.

Or again, maybe it's 15 minutes of your life wasted that you'll never get back.  Guess it's a roll of the dice.

I have been handling this as its been happening.  Currently we have a survey out to see what each district wants to do.  I have heard from one.  Waiting to hear from the other.  I am one of those crazy scouters that handles communications and what not all day everyday.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell him the date and time of the next meeting. Assure that the items of concern have been forwarded to the appropriate parties and will be on the next docket under old or new business as appropriate.

In my limited experience, when I've had an adult leader outside our group be critical in a condescending manner, it's been a WB.  That does NOT mean all or even most WB are condescending.  They aren't

For the good of the order, atlatl is a prohibited activity.   You can reference Appendix 8 of the Shooting Sports manual.   Spears.   

29 minutes ago, Sablanck said:

I have been handling this as its been happening.  Currently we have a survey out to see what each district wants to do.  I have heard from one.  Waiting to hear from the other.  I am one of those crazy scouters that handles communications and what not all day everyday.  

Sounds great - very nice approach.

I only made the suggestion because I've learned in my own scouting travels that Scouters come from so many different backgrounds that I've gotten a lot out of being flexible and always listening.  Sure, often the conversations go nowhere.  But sometimes I find there's a volunteer with some idea or energy that made the call worth it.