Spring break trip to New Orleans

WOW, thanks guys all the reply's are very helpful.  I'm on travel for work this week was going to call the museum next week.  Could not see anything on an overnight program.

USS Kidd sounds great, we did the Lady Lex a few years ago

I've done USS ALABAMA, USS YORKTOWN as well as the USS KIDD as a Scout, Scouter, and employee (yeah I did nite time tours back in  the day :) ) The KIDD may be smaller, but the restoration to WWII status is 99.5% accurate (Yes I know what the Korean War item that was added to the KIDD is that cannot be removed is ;)  )They have the best overnight program. Although I admit to some bias.  A lot of blood, sweat, tears and money have gone into restoring the KIDD.

• 3 weeks later...

Again thanks, I still have not found the location of swamp base.

I have reached out to the National Guard as to if we can stay at one of their facility's, they have a camp ground and a MRW type of set up, waiting to hear back.

I was looking at the PT boat ride. http://www.pt305.org/  while to pricey on a per person bases (350.00) Has anyone ever called to see about Scout rate or just doing a space available on another ride they are doing?

For sure we are doing the USS Kidd, called and it is 22.00 per night per person, and the night we need is open.

Any Air boat ride providers that you all would recommend?

Is the river boat dinner worth it? or not scout appropriate?

Any Plantation tours better then others?

Houmas House Plantation in Darrow, LA ( between Baton Rouge and New Orleans) does tours. I do not know a lot about the current owners and how they do things, but the previous owners did their homework and the plantation was period appropriate except for one room. Instead of an entertainment room, it was a bedroom that a movie star used in a film. They left it that way.