I have been lurking here a couple of months. Great site. Have been learning alot.

A little history. Son joined last year as a tiger in Feb. I went to the meetings and sat in the back. The dens all meet as one group each week so we do not really do pack meetings. Only 8 boys in pack. This year the CM asked me to work with the wolfs and bears, he was going to work with the webelos and his sister-in-law doing the tigers. So I filled out the application and that was the last time I saw him. His job transferred him out of town.

Anyway I took it on my self to explore the internet. Buy the cub leader book,etc...Found out about the roundtable and went to my first one in November. They just happened to be doing New Leader essentials that night.

In December my husband went with me to the district banquet. Because the old CM resigned we now need a new one. Well we don't know anyone at the banquet and just happen to sit at the table with the leaders of another pack in our town. The wife does the cub training thing at the roundtable and her husband is the CM. Well we get to talking and they and the ASM are talking about how much fun they have and CM wife does all the work and he just shows up and has fun....well you guessed it DH said he could do that....and is now our new CM.

He is still wondering how that happened. Our CC is heading up the woodbadge course and has talked me into going. DH can't because of work and trying to finish school.

Outside of scouting I am a wife, mom of 1 boy, homeschool teacher and part time RN working in cardiology at a hospital. DH is a LVN, after finishing school will be an RN and he works in a cardiology office doing research.

By the way I am incapable of telling a short story. Just ask any of my friends.

two hours per week? I want my money back. Just wait until it's two hours a day. I got back into scouting after 15 year absence.

My 6 year old in Tiger Cubs. I got drafted to be the leader of that. Then Boy Scouts came up somewhere. Now an Asst.SM

Then Order of the Arrow came up. Now it's on to Commissioner training. All in "two hours" a week.

Welcome,sit down & hold on.

Back in the old days (when I was a scout), the common recruiting approach was, "can't you just give one our a week for your son". Now it's an old joke. lynn and her husband have each signed up for that "majic hour", therefore the two hours per week.