Questions to ask a prospective Troop

Somehow, it seems the only question that a Webelo needs to ask a boy in the Troop is "Do you guys have a lot of fun?"

My first year as a Cub Master, I was talking to our Webelos a few minutes before they were crossing over to their new troop. I ask them during our conversation why they chose the troop they were joining. They all looked up at me with smiles and said this troop had the best game of all the meetings they visited.

Picking a troop should be team effort.

Barry

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate to say it, but talking to a troop doesn't cut it. You gotta VISIT a troop, at a meeting and go CAMPING with a troop.  I know of adults who will say they are youth led, when in fact they do all

I don't think the questions are all that important. The answers are designed to woo one in. I would be more interested in who is sitting behind the tables. SM? SPL? PL's? I would put the adult table

Below David's,   Question #2 What is your position in the troop?   If it's an SPL or PL giving the answers, be impressed.   Question #3 What was the favorite thing your boys did last year?   Q