Went into the current pages of the latest changes for NESA, which has been stuck under the Alumni group. Tried to fix some errors "AGAIN" on my profile, ones I had done before it was put under the Alumni group. Cannot fix Eagle dates or location info which I had corrected when it was just NESA.  My Eagle is from a long gone council, and I live in a different place.  They show my Eagle where I currently live, but with the right troop number from 1959.  They had it right in one of the early books they published, so really do not understand why it is again wrong.  Know at least one other member from that same unit, who lives near me, who also had it corrected once and is messed up again.  

Kind of like the constant issues with training dates and the change in coding that throw out older stuff for some reason.  Wrote them a note, but will try to breathe while I wait to see the response if there is one.

@@skeptic, I encountered a similar issue.   Corrected it a few years ago (via phone call), and now the data are incorrect again. I haven't bothered to correct it again.   The BSA has a knack for contracting with sub-par IT outfits.

@@qwazse, as time goes by, I'm not sure if they have value.   I have a life membership with NESA, and other than the newsletter, I can't think of anything else.   Even the newsletter is hit/miss...if it arrives twice a year, I consider myself lucky.

For we older Scouters, it is probably not too valuable, other than to track down old friends or something.  But, for younger Eagles, it does have some possibly useful opportunities.  Of course, I paid for life membership years ago when it was new, so cost is not an issue.  Just would like to have it stay accurate.  

Seems like it would be valuable for networking purposes if there is a way to find any Eagle Scouts in your geographic/business area of expertise.  Could also be good if you wanted to give back to Scouting and wanted to contact people in your area to help out local troops and such...

Seems to me the only purpose for NESA/Alumni registration is to provide a pool of names/addresses to BSA for fundraising and adult recruiting.  I am a Life member of NESA (gift from my wife), but have never been to a meeting or had any other communication with them, other than the "Eagletter" magazine, which is an interesting, 10 minute read, then it goes in the trash.  Does anyone know of an active NESA chapter?  What do they do?

• Upvote 1

Seems to me the only purpose for NESA/Alumni registration is to provide a pool of names/addresses to BSA for fundraising and adult recruiting.  I am a Life member of NESA (gift from my wife), but have never been to a meeting or had any other communication with them, other than the "Eagletter" magazine, which is an interesting, 10 minute read, then it goes in the trash.  Does anyone know of an active NESA chapter?  What do they do?

Scoutldr, I agree.   When I was on active duty, and moving frequently, I did not find an active NESA chapter.   At best, I'd get an email once or twice a year for the annual Eagle dinner or asking for money.