Board of Review / Scoutmaster Conference time?

I've told this before, but one of our new scouts was getting his BOR for tenderfoot at summer camp. One of the board members asked the scout what he and I talked about at the SM Conference. He said "What conference?". She said the SM recommended you for a BOR after your conference today. He said "THAT WAS A CONFERENCE? I thought the conference was something hard. He bought me a popsicle and we just talked about fun stuff.".

The scout's patrol leader requested the SM Conference for him, I just assumed he knew. LOL 

Our policies are for the scouts to request their SMC and BOR at any time, but summer camp gets kind of blurry for the new scouts.

The popsicles are good in the Oklahoma heat.

Barry 

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've told this before, but one of our new scouts was getting his BOR for tenderfoot at summer camp. One of the board members asked the scout what he and I talked about at the SM Conference. He said "W

Build a program that forces the Scouts to need their scouting skills, and they will retain them.

i prefer the old Show, Tell, Do method of instruction. But I think the acronym is not Scout friendly.