Adult Association Method

Example:  "nless the patrol method is in operation, you don’t really have a Boy Scout troop."

But here "The Patrol Method" is just another label. For those that haven't seen it, that phrase could just as well mean there are scouts that wear patrol leader patches. It's the same as boy led, everyone says their troop is boy led. It's just a label that has no meaning.

Maybe the real problem is nowhere is there a description of what patrol method or boy led is not. Given the subjective nature, describing what something isn't is just as important as describing what it is. Since nobody can distinguish between what it is and what it isn't, obviously everyone is doing it the right way and nobody can be doing it wrong.

Another problem is that every description also implies it's binary, either it is boy led or it isn't. Well, we don't know what it isn't so either it is boy led or ... it is.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All the parts of the Patrol Method as set out for Scouting in the U.S., primarily by Bill, are still found in B.S.A. literature and website statements.   I have quoted the words repeatedly here, as ha

Stosh, that is not all that he said.  He wrote entire books,     Respectfully, your understanding is different than Bills, or BP's, or anyone else I have ever encountered in 45 years of registered S

Well, i for one see Stosh's point. Maybe I'm missing some subtle underlying points or meanings here, but The way I look at it, his posts like these are food for thought.... an exercise thinking outs