Hello--sorry for being long in advance!

Hi All!

My Name is Lana. I"m the Advisor of Crew 440 from Burns,Oregon. We are in the western most part of the 7 Rivers District of the Ore-Ida Council. I was also the Advancement Chair for our town Troop 440. I was supposed to be the Assistant Advisor when we started talking about putting a Crew together for the Scout's Sisters.

I went to our Council Pow Wow/Scout University to get more info on Venturing and Advancement. But by the time we drove home the 3 hours home the Crew was the Troop's treasurer's and my Crew. Her son, Toby, had just finished his Eagle Review and was getting ready to turn 18.And my daughter, Brandi snagged everything I had on Venturing.

A week later we had our Charter signed and started meetings.Brandi worked hard to get everything started. Toby helped as much as he could around work, Senior Project and being ASM. We started with 4 youth and now we are up to 9 with Toby just finishing Air Force Basic and will drop membership next month.

In the past year the Crew has all except the 3 new members thru VLSC ( training) and all the Adults trained. We have more adults than kids right now including Committee and Consultants. They helped run the Pack's Blue and Gold Banquet, did a Cub Scout Olympics,taught Knot tying at our County's 4H Camp,set up and ran the Scout booth at the County Fair which they won First place for design and information, and help decorated and rode on a float for the Christmas Parade.

They also did 2 fundraisers and attended our Council's Jamborall a 190 miles away.And repeatly answered "Yes!! There are Girls in Venturing!" We have 2 boys right now. Plus they were given the honor of doing a Skit with the 2nd year Webelos from our Pack for the first campfire of the Jamborall!! At the end of the month we will be helping our District Exec. do a class on Running a Community Crew at Council Pow wow/Scout University.

Our District Exec says we are the most active Crew in the Council,but they don't think that way -They were having Fun!

Nice to meet everyone!

YIS,

Lana