Op-Ed Pieces For Newspapers?

As has been mentioned, a lot of people no longer use the newspaper as much as they use the internet.

One of the biggest PR pushes we did in one of my troops was to go out and pick up garbage alongside the roads in the area (like within 5 miles of where we met! Every year they went out and did this. It was done in UNIFORM so that everyone that drove by knew that the Boy Scouts were out there again cleaning up the roadside trash. It was kinda surprising how often during the rest of the year I heard about the Boy Scouts being the ones that cleaned up the neighborhood. Kinda surprising that it was never publicized, no media ever showed up to interview, and no one said a word. But the boys walking the ditches in uniform made an impact.

My boys march in the Memorial Day Parade and stay for the cemetery ceremony. We were one of two troops to march the parade and the only troop to stay for the ceremony, but we were there in full uniform.

I learned a long time ago that simply being someplace spoke louder than any thing. No need for any PR program blitz, flyers or handouts. Don't even have to say anything. Just be there.

Stosh