Recruitment

I agree, blw2. Spring recruitment brings in Tigers but would be more effective if focused on older boys who can attend district and council camps. Recruitment boy talks always focus on shooting sports and camping, but there are few opportunities to participate in either after fall recruitment.

The average pack size in our district is about 22 boys. I think 35 is a better number, the dens are a good size and there are sufficient adults to share the work.

• 4 weeks later...

My district holds a "Tiger Twilight Camp" in conjunction with Cub Scout Day Camp.

This is aimed at boys whop joined Cub Scouts as Kindergarteners during spring recruiting and will be Tigers in the Fall.

The program consists of two 6:30-8:30 "den meetings"  and participation in the Friday afternoon Cub Scout Day Camp beginning at noon.  On Friday boys shoot BB guns,  bows and arrows and do other day camp activities.

The aim is to show new boys and parents what a quality Tiger program should look like and feel like.

My district holds a "Tiger Twilight Camp" in conjunction with Cub Scout Day Camp.

This is aimed at boys whop joined Cub Scouts as Kindergarteners during spring recruiting and will be Tigers in the Fall.

The program consists of two 6:30-8:30 "den meetings"  and participation in the Friday afternoon Cub Scout Day Camp beginning at noon.  On Friday boys shoot BB guns,  bows and arrows and do other day camp activities.

The aim is to show new boys and parents what a quality Tiger program should look like and feel like.

Sounds great