Greetings and salutations

Hello,

my name is dell-ray sackett and i actually found this website looking up some informations about my uniform and decided that it would be a good idea to sign up.

I am an eagle scout and want to become an assistant scoutmaster because i believe firmly in returning to scouting what i got out of it because i know that if it wasnt for the awesome scout leadership that i had i may have never gotten to eagle.

AMN Sackett, Dell-Ray United States Air Force

Great to hear from you.

I earned my Eagle while living on an army base in Germany. There were several dedicated young Scouters from that Army base that were very helpfull to me. I am sure that I would not have been able to complete my Eagle without their unselfish commitment to scouting.

Thanks to them, and you!!

CE

Welcome,

Beyond the payback, I hope that you find enjoyment in being part of a great program, as I have. I also hope you find that the information you read here is a helpful part of all that you are doing. Everyone here wants to give beyond their jobs in Scouting. I have been enriched with so much insight in the many stimulating and sometimes difficult conversations, as I know that you may be.

Merry Christmas,

FB

• 6 months later...

hey dell ray it me james i got on this to see if i could track u down my email is still escaflones80@hotmail.com send me a message cause i dont have urs anymore but other than that hows the airforce ill save my remarks on the army for later

THe rewards of working with scouts is great.

Had someone a couple of years ago tell me what a selfless thing I was doing by working with the boys. My answer was it is the most selfish thing I do. That I get so much back then I give.

I grew up in scouting. Spent most of my adult life working in Girl Scouts. My mother graduated her last GS troop from highschool when she was 70.

I plan on being one of those "ole farts" that at 70 is still working with kids.

Like my Gran use to say.

"Your community is like a tree. YOu are either a leaf that nurtures it or mistletoe that sucks it dry. Make darn sure you are always a leaf"

She was a very wise and very community involved person