Historical Misconceptions and Program Level Confusion

Even when a camp offers winter opportunities for cabin camping, seldom are they rented by the patrol. The whole troop rents a cabin and whether it's the mess hall or small kitchen in a smaller building, it ends up with patrols taking turns feeding the troop out of the one kitchen.

I have seen units with kitchen/trailer combos that do this year around.

Stosh

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems to me that a vast majority of the posters on the forum have not seriously studied the history of BSA, especially on the levels of camping and hiking realities. Most histories do not deal with

When was the good ole days? 20's, 50's, 70's, 90's? Very little is the same in the world today as it was 30 or more years ago. Not just Scouting but all activities. Was it better then? Well it

Nature is timeless and so are parents' desire to raise kids that can be responsible for themselves. Nature is a good play ground that's a lot of fun and also presents a consistent set of problems to h

Our dining halls are available year 'round. Units may use them (for a fee) and are required to leave them spotless at the end of a weekend. Depending on the number of participants, the cooks can be put on retainer for them.

Our dining halls are available year 'round. Units may use them (for a fee) and are required to leave them spotless at the end of a weekend. Depending on the number of participants' date=' the cooks can be put on retainer for them.[/quote']

That's a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke.

Stosh

That's a joke, right? Please tell me it's a joke.

Stosh

Usually it's only economical if you have 100+ to feed. Council or Area camporees come to mind.

Although I've been more impressed by other camps who have tight connections with their Arrowmen who will volunteer to cook for large gatherings of scouts.