Sign in to follow this  
christineka

merit badge counselor

St. Louis does not use Blue Cards, they are white with green or red printing about 5x6. All the same information is recorded but it has a field for the MBC ID #. Stamped with SE signature and given back to Scout.

... Quayze' date=' does your council office also collect blue cards??? ...[/quote']

I don't think they do. But we have Eagles keep them at the ready when they bring their application to HQ. We encourage them or a parent to take their app in in person so issues like this can be addressed without any delay or middle-men.

To see what they have retained as part of the course.

Is this the same as individual testing on the requirements or does it have some other purpose?

Guys, guys, guys.....

Such crazy talk here. Scouts calling counselors, knowledge retention, quizzes..... Crazy I say!

Do you not all know the merit badge program is under the National Advancement Team and their High Speed, Low Drag advancement policies? Anything, ANYTHING!, which stands is the way of a Scout checking the boxes in the most efficient and minimalist way is absolutely forbidden.

• Upvote 1

Is this the same as individual testing on the requirements or does it have some other purpose?
If you are implying scouts cannot be tested, all I can say is I am following #8 under Counseling Techniques in the document below. Testing is most certainly allowed. http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/18-125.pdf

No, I am not implying that Scouts cannot - or should not - be tested. I was asking a question.