Boys Life Back Issues

There is an annual index of Scouting magazine articles available, but I'm not sure about Boy's Life. Yes, national does maintain a list of heroism awards, but I'm not sure it is published anywhere.

I can look into that stuff at the office on Monday, if you'll send me a reminder. It seems the older I get the more my memory suffers.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a specific year or decade or an article, I might be able to cross index it. The role of honor for heroes, if it exists, most likely is out of the seventies. Give me some clues.

I have collected Boys Life for several years. I buy, sell and trade as any normal patch collector does. Since my collection is varied (i.e.,within some rational limit) Scouting items, I cross trade. I try to specialize in Scouting books, especialy fiction (Scouting approved generally). If your interested, lets throw down the virtual trading blanket and look at some Scouting stuff.

FB

Thanks for all the responses. The reason I asked the questions, We found a certicate of heroism in a closet at our charter org. It was dated 1960. To make a long story short. We found the reciepiant. I would like to dig up as much Information on the event as possible. Including wether Boys life had ever mentioned it in their Magazine.

Ahhh -- I wasn't sure what you were looking for.

Call the National Scouting Museum. It's not part of the national office, although the buildings are adjacent. You should be able to find them easily on the internet or by calling directory assistance in the Irving, TX area.

Ask for the archivist and give him/her the information you seek. They have a corps of volunteers who research such things and will get back to you with the best answer available within a few days.

Good folk, they are.

Yoda-talk.

DS

• 4 months later...
  • 19 years later...