Girl Guide group told to ditch God or be expelled.

What I can't get my mind around is: Why would a non-religious person want to join a religious program? If they wish to make waves, dictate to the program what it should be, etc. are but a few of the reasons, however, they would need to be successful in their efforts to insure they wouldn't be hypocrites. But then being a hypocrite doesn't always stop many people from doing what they do.

We get all bent out of shape over these issues and yet live with hypocrisy all the time. BSA gets demonized for being religious and so they take it on the chin, but Salvation Army doesn't. Go figure.

Stosh

Happy Holy-Days must really irk the non-religious to have to say even that much.

Stosh

What I can't get my mind around is: Why would a non-religious person want to join a religious program? If they wish to make waves, dictate to the program what it should be, etc. are but a few of the reasons, however, they would need to be successful in their efforts to insure they wouldn't be hypocrites. But then being a hypocrite doesn't always stop many people from doing what they do.

We get all bent out of shape over these issues and yet live with hypocrisy all the time. BSA gets demonized for being religious and so they take it on the chin, but Salvation Army doesn't. Go figure.

Stosh

The Salvation Army hands out free stuff. That trumps everything.
Well since you are there Cambridge, enlighten us of the Daily Mails inaccuracie's. Barry
To be honest I don't know!

It's certainly true that the Girl Guides have changed their Promise. It's also though the case that it is not intended to exclude religion from the movement, they simply wanted one promise that could include all beliefs. Guides are still encouraged to explore their own beliefs and those of others.

Religion has NOT been excluded.

In terms of the facts of the case I am not familiar with the disciplinary process within Girl Guides.

What I am familiar with though is the editorial attitude of the Daily Mail towards scouting and guiding which generally tries to make out that BP would be spinning in his grave. I am also familiar with the persistent bias and inaccuracies that the Daily Mail repeatedly prints on pretty much every subject you can imagine.

Given this I simply don't believe anything published by them.

Take a look at this blog for some of the best examples of their made up nonsense

http://www.fivechinesecrackers.com/search/label/Daily%20Mail