Little more than two years ago, we had a 15 year old join us on a hiking weekend, he loved it and joined the next week. He was on fire for scouting. He decided then he wanted to make it to Eagle. I and the COR met with him, and laced out the difficult road in front of him. He charged into it. PL and SPL duties he did, summer camp twice, National Jamboree, and 30+ merit badges. He has his Eagle BOR tomorrow night. He's crammed more scouting in 2.5years than some scouts do in 7. Good kid. Proud of him.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why get a HS diploma? When you look back at HS do you remember the quadratic formula or your prom? The paper you wrote for your junior English class or hanging with your friends? If you answered wi

Dcsimmons, I guess I actually DO remember that stuff and more. I was the first ever for my troop to achieve Eagle. Most of the other guys kind of put it down as something that scouts in our troop were

Little more than two years ago, we had a 15 year old join us on a hiking weekend, he loved it and joined the next week. He was on fire for scouting. He decided then he wanted to make it to Eagle. I and the COR met with him, and laced out the difficult road in front of him. He charged into it. PL and SPL duties he did, summer camp twice, National Jamboree, and 30+ merit badges. He has his Eagle BOR tomorrow night. He's crammed more scouting in 2.5years than some scouts do in 7. Good kid. Proud of him.
Saw something similar happen when a good friend attended my Eagle COH when we were both on the brink of 16. He saw that most of his friends were already there and having fun, decided he wanted to join the troop, and pretty much set out on an instantaneous and meteoric rise to Eagle. Did his BOR after his 18th birthday. Earned about 35 MBs, went on a couple big trips, did as much camping as his absurdly busy school and sports schedule would allow, and had a great time. Worked his butt off. All told, a pretty impressive achievement. But, then again, he was a pretty impressive kid before he joined up, so you could tell what was going to happen.