Going to See My Grand-Nephew receive his Eagle this Saturday; I'm stoked.

Have waited a long time for someone in the family to complete his Eagle. Neither nephew did, nor my brother. But, the son of my older nephew has done it in spades. He will be presented the award on Saturday evening in Orange County. His project was making a special video to help families understand and cope with the challenges of a child in CHOC. He not only worked to do the the film, but also obtained the equipment and donated it to them. This has led to his further interest in film as a possible vocation, and he has since won honors for student film work at his high school. Hope to get a photo of him and me together to enter in the family list in the NESA Magazine.

Some grandpas in our neighborhood are gonna be stoked as well. Got two this weekend.

Your grandson's project sounds like something I wished one of our boys would have done. The park he fixed up was nice, but a little removed from his talents and interests.

skeptic - PM me. Curious which unit's ceremony you will be at (in case it is the same one I am attending)
For whatever reason, cannot PM you; not authorized. It is at the Las Flores School on Antonio Pkwy tomorrow. His name is Kathan.

Glad you finally get to celebrate the scouting accomplishments of a family member. Always a good time! His project sounds first-rate. I always enjoy hearing about a project that goes a different direction than the usual building/remodeling project.

skeptic - PM me. Curious which unit's ceremony you will be at (in case it is the same one I am attending)
Ah - I thought it was just me. Nope - different Orange County ceremony. Mine is in Irvine. Congrats to the lad - sounds like a great project.
Congratulations to your grand nephew. Maybe he will consider making Follow Me Boys 2 for a future film project :D I googled CHOC = Childrens Hospital of Orange County?
Yes. One of his uncles on his mother's side is a doctor there, and helped him set it up.

All went well, and was a real sharing of scouting and family fellowship followed with an outstanding barbecue. Seems he will continue to aid his troop as he is able, though he will be a senior and is a full bore A.P. student. Thanks to all that offered congratulatory words.