Don't let people screw God up for you..

I used to call myself an Atheist but then I realized most Atheist are really Agnostic. I hated the idea of believing in a GOOD God. Now a parent of two girls I realize the mistake of MY upbringing. Jesus was not in my life. Parents that say they rather have their children make-up their own mind concerning God are more likely in a on-going struggle with God. Eventually I realized it wasn't God I had the problem with, it was the hypocrites around me that I had the problem with.

Isaiah 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Yes, I am Christian now....but before I knew better I used to say things like "You don't have to go to church to believe in God."

Read your bible. (if Christian) or Koran for that Matter. I too used to say such things.

People, God is not struggling with us, it's us struggling with him.

That's why we try to conform God into something our flesh (mind) rather accepts. To know Gods grace is to live life by faith and to feed our faith we must read the word. Let's face it.....people suck.....how many times have you needed something from someone (especially comfort) and they could not deliver. We have to have God in our lives. If not, we will always be lost.

(John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)

Jason OK,

It sounds as if you and I are on the same page.

Recently, I heard a sermon on the radio. I thought it was very powerful. Thats usually just another way of saying it was the truth. Here is the truth that the preacher preached:

Unless one realizes his own sinfulnessuntil a person understands the depths of his own depravity, such a person will never come to the joy and/or know the peace of being a believer and follower of Christ Jesus. It is the self-actualized need for salvation that drives one to his knees and makes one realize that without Gods grace, there is nothing to be gained.

He went on to use an analogy that went something like this. Two men were traveling in a plane with a large group. A mutual friend convinced the two men that the plane was not safe. Having convinced them, they both clad themselves with a very heavy parachute. As they entered the passenger compartment, they noticed that no one else had a parachute. Their colleagues started to mock them. They called the men names like foolish, ignorant, and spinelessness.

One man became immensely embarrassed. His parachute grew heavier by the second and he soon began to doubt his friends advice. Eventually he discarded his parachute. He became infuriated that his friend had convinced him to wear it. He resolved himself to never trust that friends advice again.

The other man was not embarrassed. While he was distressed that his colleagues would make fun of him, and concerned that no one realized the need, he took comfort in knowing that he was secure. He had listened to his friend and was convinced by the evidence presented that the plane was in fact unsafe. Furthermore, he was so convinced, that even if his friend wanted to convince him otherwise, he would not be able to reverse his mind. Whenever the plane incurred any signs of trouble, while he grieved at the idea that others were in real danger, he remained calm and peaceful, secure in the knowledge that he was not in harms way.

From the perspective of a sinner, if one sees that judgment is inevitable and most deserving, then one realizes that there is a real need to be born-again, to believe in, love, and follow Christ Jesus. Indeed, He is the truth, the Light, and the one and only way to God the Father. So, as for me, I dont intend to sit back and let my children find their own way. I know that they will not inherit my salvation; yet I am not going to withhold the truth or call it any other name while they conduct their search for God. I will forever point them to Christ Jesus. This approach may not be as open minded as some, but it gives me peace. If you have the same peace when you are instructing your children, then you probably sleep as well as I do.