Bridge usage for crossover

I went to a "crossover" picnic for a pack last night. They had a crossover bridge and the new Tigers crossed over to the pack, old Tigers crossed over to Wolf, etc.

Everyone got a new book, slide and necker when they got to the other side. My Web II boy crossed over and got his troop necker. There was no AOL ceremony. The other Web II boy wanted the summer to work on finishing his AOL.

All-in-all the bridge was never seen as the end of anything, only the crossover to a new beginning along a progression of events/transitions.

The "bridge" can signify a lot of things, but unless there's a destination on the other end of the bridge, there's no reason to even use it. Boys not going into a troop cross over to what? And to think that Congress is the only group that makes bridges to nowhere. Surely the BSA has them beat on that. I attended a Blue-Gold that had 7 Web II boys. None were interested going on into a troop. I was asked to participate in the ceremony, I asked why. When they didn't have an answer, I politely sat it out.

blw

you could email them too me if you like....basementdweller1@gmail.com

done. Let me know if it doesn't come through.....