Hello and Thank YOU!

We just returned from our first campout as the Pack camping coordinator and I want to thank all of you for the great tips, hints, advice that you share here. Thanks to you all we had a GREAT campout despite the weather. Your links to resources and advice on planning outings for Cubs helped us put together a really fun event for the boys and their families.

Where you camping this last weekend, in that wind and cold? Stood out side for a couple hours for a soccer game Saturday, and thought to myself, that I was glad I was not camping this weekend. Saw a few drops of sleet in the afternoon!

Well, *I* didn't actually camp over the weekend - I wimped out about 9:50 p.m. and went home before coming back out by 8 a.m. Sunday.

We had 13 intrepid Scouts and their families that had a blast on Saturday for the combined campout/Pack meeting and the wind was quite a challenge. Five Scouts and their families did sleep out overnight and there was some grumbling about the Polar Bear patch, but oh well. Guess we'll just have to try again.

Weather here on Saturday had wind gusts of, dunno, felt like 40-50 mph, regular wind all day (we all had wind burn by Sunday), don't know what the wind chill was actually, but overnight temps went down around 26-degrees or so and there was a good cover of frost all over everything Sunday morning.