Need help with website

I am not sure what service I am using to host the website. I was under the impression that Scouter.com was hosting the website. Am I missing something here? Sorry. This is my first attempt at loading any web page, and doing any website work. I guess you could call me a beginner, ugh! But, willing to try, and make it work.

I am using a program called WebDesign. When trying to upload the web page from WebDesign, they ask for an FTP server. Not sure what that is.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having major issues too.

We have a site hosted by Scouter.com at this address:

http://troops.scouter.com/ak/troop118/

I have uploaded the page, and all the photo files into my upload space provided by Scouter.com web hosting - but no matter what I do, I cannot seem to get those pictures to show up on the website. And it's not like it's a major ordeal, we are talking about 3 little pictures here - one BSA logo, one council strip and 3 unit numerals (pasted into one photo).

What gives?? The email I got says, "If you have any questions regarding web hosting here at SCOUTER, please consult the Hosting FAQ first. If that doesn't help you out, then post your question at the SCOUTER Forums or email us at hosting@scouter.com "

Well the FAQ doesn't say diddly about the nitty gritty of web hosting. And here's my second attempt - posting at the forums... looking around it doesn't look like this is going to be much help either *sigh*

LMAO Great! And I just emailed hosting@scouter.com

and this is the message I got back -

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

hosting@scouter.com:

216.40.36.30 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 unknown user hosting@scouter.com

Giving up on 216.40.36.30.

This is just NOT my day :(