List of Medal of Honnor w/ crossed palms

My father in law recently received this award. For Christmas I wanted to build him a display case for this award as well as a list of all of those that have received it. I have searched high and low and cannot find a list anywhere...please help me!!!!

I;m not aware that it's published anywhere. Your best bet is to call National BSA HQ in Irving, TX. BTW, it's called the "Honor Medal". The Medal of Honor is the military award.

I think the nicely framed medal and accomanying citation would be enough...I don't see how names of other people would add anything. Never seen that done before....my two cents.

Congratulations to your FIL...it's an extremely rare award.

There is no complete list of Honor Medal Recipients that is outside of the BSA Offices. However, I have copies of many of the records of the earliest recipients from its inception till about 1940 that I gathered for my book research. The actual list would stretch at least into the thousands if you included all who received the minimum level of the award.

I am not an expert on this award. Hoqwever, a person you might want to contact is Dr. Robert Lee Edmonds, who has been researching this topic for his upcoming book: "High Honors, A Century of Heroism and Meritorious Action in the Boy Scouts of America." He is an Honor Medal recipient himself.

You can try him at rledmonds@redhonor.com

David C. Scott

What a wonderful accomplishment, Angelous! Congratulations to you and your father-in-law.

This is an extraordinarily rare award. I'm not sure about the 200 since 1924 number but to give you an idea, in a typical year, there are

About 50,000 Eagle Scout Badges presented

About 2000 Silver Beavers

About 150 Medals of Merit

About 250 Heroism Award, Honor Medal and Honor Medal with Crossed Palms

In a very unusual year, there may be 10 Honor Medals with Crossed Palms; more commonly, I believe the number in a year would be 5 or fewer.

I have witnessed a number of National Court of Honor presentations and have had the privilege of presenting several Medals of Merit, Heroism Awards and Honor medals. But I have never even seen or met a Scout or Scouter honored with the Honor Medal with Crossed Palms.

Wow!