Another convert to "Follow Me Boys"

My wonderful husband got me the DVD of "Follow Me Boys" for Valentine's Day (after not getting it for me for Christmas--he may be slow, but he comes through in the end!).

Well, I didn't want to watch it until my 14 yo Life Scout son could watch it, too. Finally, this weekend, we did.

He LOVES it! (So do his younger brothers). For the rest of the weekend, you could hear him singing or whistling "Follow Me, Boys" until his dad told him to stop.

We haven't had a chance to watch the special feature, "Looking back with Lem's boys," but we want to, and then I'm sure he'll want to watch the movie again.

Elizabeth

I gave a copy of the DVD to my son for his 9th birthday. I hadn't seen it prior to buying it. When it arrived I looked at the picture and thought oh-boy this won't hold his intertest. I was wrong he loved it. He has wathced it several times and when a boy, especiall a scout stays for a sleep over, he puts it in. He loves the part about the tank.

that's my guys' favorite part, too! (the whole "war games" section, in fact). They're 14, 12, and 9. My husband thinks the movie is kind of hokey, but I love it, and so do the boys.

In fact, my Life Scout said, "I'd love to be part of that troop!"

Elizabeth

I got it in February. My 22 year old Eagle scout son, and my daughter's fiance (a 22 year old former Life scout) both loved it, and were amazed that they had never heard of it. Incredable how Walt had the talent to reach out across generations and produce movies that people still enjoy years later. My kids really enjoyed the courtroom scene.

That one stopped me for a minute. I had forgotten the Kurt Russel played Whitey in that movie. BTW, the movie was based on MacKinlay Kantor's book God And My Country. The book is even better than the movie is, believe it or not.