Adult FEMALE ADVISOR Required at ALL Coed Activities?

I don't see any problem with going above and beyond what the YP rules say. Common-sense measures (such as making the front passenger's seat off-limits to youth) don't hurt anyone.

I still think it's wrong that the school where my wife teaches allows one-on-one student-teacher conferences (such as after a kid misbehaves) in a classroom near an open door. The camp staff member in me thinks they ought to be done in the middle of the playground with 10 other people in plain view. :-)

Certainly the units can chose to take additional measures, a fact that was mentioned several posts ago. But be careful about using common sense as a guide. That assumes that the person has it and it assumes that their vission of what is common sense is shared by others. The question of the thread was 'what are the actual BSA rules' and while some posters might not agree with and adult driver in a vehicle with passengers of the opposit gender, the fact is it is bot prohibited or even addressed by the BSA rules. So it would probably be a good idea not to confuse personal opinion with BSA rules.

After all that is what caused dluders question to begin with.