Changing Advancement Requirements for a Unique Crew

I'm new to the forum, but not scouting. Just chartered a new crew. I have seen a sample of Arts & Hobbies Req. changed to fit a crew who collects scouting memoribilia. Can you do that? My crew is interested in performance arts as well as outdoor activities... But the Arts & Hobbies Req. are pretty bad. (I thought golf was a sport...)

My question is, can you change the requirements to fit your crew and still officailly complete the Bronze award in that area?

Welcome to the forums mhutch353.

The answer to your question is: No.

I understand your frustration with the A&H requirements. And the National Committee does too. Currently at this time, A&H is under review to change the requirements so it can better meet the various A&H crews out there. Eventually, there will be a medal available to earn for A&H.

YiV,

Dale

Welcome to the forums mhutch353.

The answer to your question is: No.

I understand your frustration with the A&H requirements. And the National Committee does too. Currently at this time, A&H is under review to change the requirements so it can better meet the various A&H crews out there. Eventually, there will be a medal available to earn for A&H.

YiV,

Dale

Pg 34 of the manual req 4 allows scouting memorabilia to be collected as a hobby, and req 3 talks about theatre so I don't see where you are changing the req's at all. A collection can be anything you want. Theatre req can include doing a production to learn about production of a play. Venturing is creative and not as restrictive as boy scouts. All the training I have attended states and in the leader manual that the advisor can adapt some req's for the crew, but not create a whole new set of reqs.