Hi everybody around the world

Welcome, but I will give you a warning. Please don't use this forum as a resource for improving your English. You will be sorely disappointed.

Now a few questions for you. What is your age, how long has boy scouts existed in Vietnam? Is it coed (are girls allowed in your troop)? Did you get a chance to go to Thailand for the international jamboree?

Parlez vous Francais? I'll never forget my college French class. I had an American professor and she spoke nothing but French in the classroom (total immersion theory). Not too bad. Then when we had our "lab" test, a Vietnamese teachers aid had recorded his voice as a story and a series of questions. The slight different accent through me for a loop (not one of my better subjects).

I can still read a little French but can't speak a lick anymore. By the way, the French need to hire a really good PR firm!

Hello to our new Vietnameese friend. Greetings!

Vnboyscout -- Thank you for joining us.

Fellow Scouter.com'ers, please remember that our new friend is asking for our help. We should try to keep our sentences simple.

I think Bob White's suggestion to use French is a good one. We can all learn from it.

I don't see a need for us to talk down to him, but let's try to keep his need to go to a dictionary at a level that keeps it fun for him to be with us.

Again, Vnboyscout -- welcome!

DS

Welcome to the campfire. That is one of the nicknames we call this forum.

Problem with the language should be no problem here, just ask your questions or post your comments I am sure we will understand.

Practice with us all you want. If you have problems with understanding what is posted ask for more information.

Glad you are here.

yis (yours in scouting)