Fellow Arrowmen,

I've heard the positive benefits of retaining the purpose of the OA and learning Brotherhood items thru playing OA Jeopardy. But I have not had the opportunity to see it played.

I would like to present it to my Chapter Chief for brotherhood study and also for fun.

I do not know if the OA Jeopardy game would belong under protected material. I've done a few searches of OA Lodges websites, to find flyers for Conclave and work weekends. As well as ceremony material, but I'm unable to find the powerpoint version of the game.

Does anyone possess a powerpoint version of the OA Jeopardy?

or, Can anyone direct me to a Lodge website which may have it posted?

Thank you!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21_Adv

WWW-Brotherhood

(This message has been edited by Crew21_Adv)

Let me get back with you as we have a member of the lodge who uses OA and also Lodge jeopardy for training and fun. I'll see what he has as whenever he does it, I'm usually either getting dressed to dance or at the powwow.

Crew 21

I have a EMS formatted powerpoint that you can just change the information on. It is only one round, but has room for 5 questions in six catagories. PM me if you are interested. All you would have to do is go and put in your information.

We just played it again at the NLS a couple weeks back - great game! Be ready for some fun spirited arguements! While it may be protected it is open for Ordeal and Brotherhood members. There's enough great stuff to know that all can participate. We've also used it at section Council of Chief events, ALTC, and Conclaves.

Your lodge advisor should be able to direct you to the right section folks to get a loaner copy.

Jack

Fellow Arrowmen,

Excellent. Thanks for the replies. I've gotten one copy enroute I believe.

I've never heard of the Nemat concept, only just the Brotherhood walk, Brotherhood letter and verbal test, which I still understood existed.

My chapter is looking at a few fun events during a one day Chapter Fellowship (and also to refresh everyones understanding of the OA), without re-creating the wheel. I will admit, it would be plagiarism, but it a downloaded or emailed copy of the OA Jeopardy game, would be better than my amateur attempt.

I have played the Wood Badge (Jeopardy style) game show a few times, and have a few variations of that game on my laptop and home computer. But unfortunately, I've only heard about OA Jeopardy from other lodges, and not yet been able to obtain a copy.

We have obtained two ppt briefs and modified them to our Chapter information. Arrowman 101 (What is the OA) and Arrowman 102 (Brotherhood Study Guide briefing). They are good, but could be considered "death by powerpoint" to a 13-14 y/o. So the OA Jeopardy sounds like it would be a fun and competitive way to learn or refresh Chapter Arrowmen of OA history.

Even the OA-BSA.org talks about it the Jeopardy game at past NOAC conferences, but doesn't post the game on the website. So I would equally be happy to find it (password protected) on a lodge website, but have not found a copy of the game on any lodge websites beyond their conclave and fellowship announcements. and lodge newsletters.

Please continue to let me know if you have a personal copy or know of a lodge website version.

Thank you Fellow Arrowmen!

Crew21 Adv

Crew21Adv,

Our Lodge youth leaders, since 2004 or so, have taken the knowledge test out of play. Their understanding is that during the hike, our Ordeal brothers are asked to reflect and discuss various questions. Some of them are classic "Brotherhood knowledge" (admonition, song, Ordeal oath, handclasp, sign), but most are more about a heart and and ethic of service to others.

The "Trivial Pursuit" stuff (why did character X do action Y) has long been discarded from our hike.

While I do not own a copy of the Officers Guide nor the Brotherhood Ceremony, our C-team folk say we now conform to the new National standard.

Does that make sense?

John-in-KC,

Oh yes. Certainly makes sense. I wasn't doubting it, just that I've never heard of it.

But even if the OA history questions have been taken out of the Brotherhood walk. The OA Jeopardy game seems like it could still be a spirited competition and be a fun way to learn a little OA history.

Crew21 Adv