We are going to sell the microwave butter popcorn, carmel corn tins and the popping corn at a booth at our local town fest. We are also going to pop the popping corn and sell bags. At a quarter a bag, do you think we would get 40 bags out of one bucket of popping corn? That would cover the $10 cost per bucket.

I hadn't heard of this before - let us know how it turns out, will you please?

To try to be more helpful to you: since the bags are coming from TE, why don't you email them and ask them what to expect? At the very least they ought to be able to tell you how much popcorn a tin of kernels should give you when popped. If you need to experiment at home, buy a cheap-o bag of kernels at the grocery store and try it out to see how many cups of popped corn bags of the size you have will hold.

(This message has been edited by lisabob)

• 1 month later...

The results are in....

The popped popcorn went over really well at our town fest. We may raise the prize to $.50 next year, instead of $.25, but we did cover the $10 per bucket cost. I haven't counted how many bags we went through yet, but we did go through 5 buckets of the popping corn. We cut some drink boxes and sent a couple boys up to where the comedian was going to be. I couldn't pop it fast enough to keep up with them. Unfortunately our show and sell was pitiful.