Putting the trangender shoe on the other foot

But, the problem is, someone made the decision for this baby with the XY chromosome, and could have chosen wrong.. So as the child grows they identify themselves as a boy, likes boys stuff and when they get old enough are attracted to women.. That is the problem with choosing for the child rather then waiting until they are old enough to choose fro themselves..

So they have the right chromosomes and identify themselves as a boy.. This is not a mental disorder, this is an adult who messed up this child by choosing to make them the wrong sex.. So you will acpt them into boy scouts.. Correct.. Because it is a birth defect, not a mental disorder.. (Although now being the wrong sex may cause the poor child some mental issues too..)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is all very complicated and not something any of us are qualified to deal with. Chances are, with vestigial sex organs, normal development as a "boy" would not have occured, without the testosterone production that causes secondary sex characteristics such as body and facial hair, deepening voice, muscle development and other things that make boys be boys. Whether the child would grow up with a male identity would be anyone's guess, but I would bet not.

I'm not picking on you, Papadaddy....well, I guess I sort of am, sorry...but thing is, you admit that it's complicated and "not something any of us are qualified to deal with."

Yet starting from a simple policy of only accepting 'boys', in this thread we've progressed to accepting pretty much anyone with a 'Y' chromosome, no matter what. I'm not bringing this stuff up simply to befuddle people. I'm bringing it up to illustrate that simplistic (and rather thoughtless) policies like the BSA membership policy tend to unravel when you pick at a few 'threads'. And I haven't even invoked chimerism.

I refer to the membership policy as 'idiotic' because it is designed to be applied thoughtlessly, successfully by an idiot if needed. But the reality, as for so many simplistic ideas, is something that isn't served well by such policies...and those of us who are not prepared to address these issues...we just run for cover when reality knocks. And no one benefits.